Halal Incorp Acting As Gateway Organisation For UK Government £2 billion Kickstart Scheme
**Are You A Business Owner In England?**
Could You Benefit From A Trainee Working for You?
Good news Halal Incorp (HI) is a Gateway provider for the £2billion Kickstart scheme which was recently introduced by the UK government.
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Kickstart Scheme Frequently Asked Questions Halal Incorp
Apply Today, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1] What is the UK government Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
2] Who can apply?
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding
3] What does the funding cover?
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
4] Do multiple placements need to start at the same time?
Employers can spread the start date of the job placements up until the end of December 2021.
5) What is the minimum number of job placements we need to have to apply for the scheme?
A Kickstart Scheme application can vary in the number of job placements applied for.
6] Do I get a grant for having a placement?
Every job placement created gets £1,500 funding. HI will provide wrap around support and employability support charging £750 which will be taken directly from the grant per placement.
7] Do I need to provide support to the young person on placement?
Yes, the £1500 funding is for setup costs and to support the young person to develop their employability skills. HI provides additional wrap around and employability support at a charge of £750 per placement taken directly from the grant.
8] Can the placement jobs be existing jobs?
The job placements created with Kickstart Scheme funding must be new jobs.
9] The job placements must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees, apprentices or contractors to lose work or reduce their working hours
10] The job placements must:
- be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group
- only require basic training
11] Each job placement needs to help the young person become more employable. The Kickstart gateway needs to agree with the employer how this is done.
This employability support is provided by HI and includes things like:
- support with CV and interview preparations
- developing their skills in the workplace
12] What Halal Incorp as a gateway needs from you:
- their Companies House reference number, Charity Commission number or Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator number, if they have one
- their organisation’s address and contact details
- details of the job placements and their location
13] As an potential employer, you also need to tell us:
- how many employees you have
- about changes to their workforce in the last 6 months and why (for example redundancies and changes to hours worked by existing staff)
- the number of people affected by changes to their workforce in the last 6 months
- about the kinds of roles, functions and average salary of those who were made redundant or who had their hours reduced in the last 6 months
- if they would be able to create these job placements without Kickstart Scheme funding and what funding source they would use
- what recruitment they have completed, started or paused in the last 6 months, including how similar these vacancies are or were to the roles they are creating for the Kickstart Scheme
- if the job placements will be similar to existing or planned roles or the roles previously done by those made redundant or with fewer working hours, why they are using Kickstart Scheme funding to create similar roles
- if they’ve engaged with any relevant trade unions and any advice the unions have given
14] How they will support young people to become more employable:
Employers should also tell the gateway:
- what support will be offered by the company at work.
15] How will the employer get the funding?
DWP will send the funding to the Kickstart Scheme gateway. The gateway is then responsible for sending the funding to the employer.
16] Will Halal Incorp take any of the £1500 per placement?
Halal Incorp provides wrap around support and employability services charging £750 which is 50% of the grant. The company will receive the other 50%.
17] DWP will use information from HMRC to check that the young person is still employed. The grant funding to pay the young person’s salary will be paid in monthly arrears when we know they are:
- enrolled on the employer’s payroll
- being paid through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
18] Can the person on placement work more hours?
The employer can pay a higher wage and for more hours but the funding will not cover this.
19] Can any young person apply for a placement?
Kickstart Scheme job placements are only available for Universal Credit claimants aged 16 to 24 who are referred to employers by DWP.
20] If the application is successful:
a) The Kickstart gateway will give DWP job descriptions that work coaches at Jobcentre Plus will use.
b) The work coaches will match suitable candidates to the job placements.
c) The employer will then be able to interview the candidates matched to their job placements.
d) They’ll select the candidate best suited to the role.
21] When is funding allocated?
Funding will only be given if a young person is hired using the Kickstart Scheme process.
22] What happens after the placement ends?
After a job placement ends the employer can get another Kickstart Scheme young person to start another job placement.
23] What happens after the application has been submitted?
- DWP aim to email you with a decision on the application within 1 month. You may be able to apply again.
- You can apply for another grant while you wait on the response for an existing application.
- The job placements do not exist until the application has been approved and you have signed the grant agreement.
Apply Today, Email: email@example.com
Last Updated 03/03/21 Gov.UK